PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline Pilot: Respected Profession or 'Noose around your Neck'
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 04:24
Red69

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Captn Rex Havack
So one guy thinks because its his son's birthday he is entitled to a day off. Another says he is entitled to christmas day off? in a 24/7 industry??? Really.. What about doctor's nurses, train drivers, and everyone working those days.....what makes you so special.
This attitude right here is what is wrong with pilots and our EBA’s. While office workers get the flexibility to wfh, take annual leave when they want, sleep in their own bed when they want, get job security and get consistent pay rises, your clinging on to the some old school belief that we should still be sacrificing our most important family events for a company that would get rid of us at the blink of an eye?

Every other worker has achieved greater flexibility and terms and conditions during COVID except for pilots. Yet you still expect us to be a charity with our dwindling terms and conditions for a company whose executives are some of the highest paid in the country?

Once upon a time a pilot could run a single income household where the partner could look after the family. With our current terms and conditions, that’s no longer possible. So yes, I will take off the important days to see my family/wife/kids unless I am given an incentive to do so otherwise.
The following 8 users liked this post by Red69: