PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern EBA
Thread: Eastern EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2023, 06:44
MikeHatter732

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Not sure what EBA you are reading but Easterns specifically says allowances for ONs are included in base as well as leave loading. DTA is paid on duty time only where Rex is paid from sign on at home base to sign off at home base, which means you are paid DTA the entire time away from home base. All tax free. Which averages about $200 per overnight. So that alone will add $5k over QLink. And like I said the extra days off equate to an extra 13% again. Who cares about J class travel when you are struggling to pay your mortgage...

Never said I was defending Rexs EBA, its still ****e, but when a 34 seat pilot at a minor is being paid more than a 50 seat pilot at a major, you have to be embarrassed
Not only can I read, but I have worked under both Rex and Eastern EBA's. Here is the reference from the Eastern EBA since you are so inclined to think otherwise.

The allowance, with DHA for a standard duty equals the exact same as the DTA rule. They are two different methods of paying a very similar amount to the pilot. The only time the DTA rule works out better is if you have a 3-day trip with minimal flying, which at regional airlines, very rarely happens. However, have a short 1/1 overnight, and you end up worse off with the DTA rule, so it all equals out at the end of the year. One is not better than the other, especially in a regional airline roster. Long haul/trunk domestic is a different story.

You still have no evidence from comparing EBA's that Rex pay is better than Eastern, so you really should stop harping on with that narrative, cause its factually incorrect. Just look at the base pay scales, it's extremely clear who has the higher payscale, even on an expired EBA