PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern EBA
Thread: Eastern EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2023, 06:15
43Inches

Received 432 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeHatter732
Oh dear where do I start...

Overnight's are not included in the base salary at all. Each overnight is roughly $120 tax free give/take depending on the sign off time day 2. Add to that DHA for each hour of duty worked.

Other things EAA have over REX: Better sector/extension allowances, higher working day off rate, payment for duty changes within 48 hours/sign on first hour of reserve, guaranteed J class duty travel, lounge access, higher communications allowance, meal provisions etc.

I think you really to need to have a read through the EBA instead of religiously defending REX against another EBA you clearly have no idea about. As I said, I am not saying it is a great EBA, quite the contrary, but it's certainly better than REX.

Oh and staff travel not being a PDF form sent to a random lady in Cowra helps too....
Not sure what EBA you are reading but Easterns specifically says allowances for ONs are included in base as well as leave loading. DTA is paid on duty time only where Rex is paid from sign on at home base to sign off at home base, which means you are paid DTA the entire time away from home base. All tax free. Which averages about $200 per overnight. So that alone will add $5k over QLink. And like I said the extra days off equate to an extra 13% again. Who cares about J class travel when you are struggling to pay your mortgage...

Never said I was defending Rexs EBA, its still ****e, but when a 34 seat pilot at a minor is being paid more than a 50 seat pilot at a major, you have to be embarrased