PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern EBA
Thread: Eastern EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2023, 04:22
MikeHatter732

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
And this is where you have put your foot in it. The difference in Easterns and Rex EBAs are significant in so many ways that you obviously have not read them clearly enough. Easterns include the 7% leave loading and overnight DTA in the base salary, Rex adds it above base, that already puts over $5k on the Rex base. Then there's the small matter that Rex pilots now get 10 days off per 28 days or 8 day with a 1% buy back rate. That means those 2 days off have a value of 13% added per year. Then there's currently overtime paid on any duty that excedes CAO 48 requirements and so on... Like I said its worth $10s of thousands more. I suggest Dash pilots pull their fingers out as they are currently about 20% behind on CPI over the last 10 years.
Oh dear where do I start...

Overnight's are not included in the base salary at all. Each overnight is roughly $120 tax free give/take depending on the sign off time day 2. Add to that DHA for each hour of duty worked.

Other things EAA have over REX: Better sector/extension allowances, higher working day off rate, payment for duty changes within 48 hours/sign on first hour of reserve, guaranteed J class duty travel, lounge access, higher communications allowance, meal provisions etc.

I think you really to need to have a read through the EBA instead of religiously defending REX against another EBA you clearly have no idea about. As I said, I am not saying it is a great EBA, quite the contrary, but it's certainly better than REX.

Oh and staff travel not being a PDF form sent to a random lady in Cowra helps too....
The following users liked this post: