PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AsA TIBA/TRA/OPR Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2023, 11:03
framer

Received 489 Likes on 132 Posts
Surely FAA will soon ban all American carriers from using our airspace and demote us to third world status. We should have adopted the NZ CAA regs, shut down CASA and put aviation under direct ministerial control. The next would be to re-employ only the competent.
Ban all aviation regulation management and minister from Chairman’s Lounge and Virgin equivalent.
That all sounds spot on to me.
This whole ASA saga seems a problem that will take political decision making to repair.
What is to be done? It seems to me that the current mob of controllers are probably working hard in an environment that is stressful. The harder they work and the more stressed they become the more sick days they’ll take at a time where air traffic density is set to increase. I imagine there are controllers being trained but I can’t imagine that is a solution due to the lengthy time involved and ( if it’s anything like flying) the extra staff hours newbies suck up when they are learning the ropes.
The only way I can see to avoid rather embarrassing international headlines and a hit to the economy ( or heaven forbid a mid-air) is to bring in experienced controllers with training paths measured in weeks rather than years.
I fully admit zero experience in solving issues of this nature but would be interested to read people’s opinions of a way out of the current situation.
Cheers