PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Madness
Thread: Easyjet Madness
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2023, 02:23
olster

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Well done Count, some great and invaluable posts here. Combined with the Yemenia thread it reminds me that among the professional pilot group there are some very articulate smart chaps and chapesses that do care about our industry and the well being of neophyte pilots. I had a 5 year spell with the orange mob starting when they had only eight aircraft of the Boeing variety. Mike Keane was the chief pilot in those days who I don’t mind naming as I hold him in high regard. An old fashioned pilot type who cared about the important stuff and continually fighting a rear guard action against the architects of the brave new Low Cost world. The attitude of the management above him was one of general suspicion towards the pilots underpinned by a reluctance to pay the money to attract the experience that they needed. I was mightily impressed then and now with the training department which I joined almost straight away that maintained a highly professional operation despite all the white noise from easyland. It would appear that elements of the orange culture remain but I understand why you stayed and without doubt easyJet has expanded to the current colossus it has become. I left to join a holiday airline of the light blue variety which was okish but as the world, airline and other was changing, not a bad move but not as you amusingly say Air Utopia either. Anyhow, great posts and info, well done.