PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toxic
Thread: Toxic
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2023, 16:09
OneBarWonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moved Beyond

I was a senior FO at CX during the pandemic and I can only say that leaving the CX sh%t show was the best decision I ever made.
Had I stayed I would still be miserable and would’ve taken the 10% pay hit they inflicted on the freighter crew, as well as watching pilots junior to me upgrading on other fleets, further raising my blood pressure. Nothing ever improves.
I do miss the wonderful people I used to fly with, and even HKG sometimes but I get to visit regularly with my new outfit and actually look forward to going to work now. Imagine that? I have a proper union negotiated contract and the managers actually want to help and everyone at the company has been pleasant to deal with so far. Even the hotels and catering are nicer. On second year pay I’m already earning more than I did as an FO2 at CX on PoS18 pay and my cost of living has halved.
I really detest CX for the way they treated us pilots during the pandemic, destroying careers and inflicting unnecessary misery on us, and now they will reap what they sow.
Good riddance.