PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Madness
Thread: Easyjet Madness
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2023, 15:14
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 366 Likes on 118 Posts
Don’t laugh too much mate. Rather feel embarrassed at such a crass post. I am sure we all thrilled to find out you’re going to earn all that money in your first year at British Airways? The only problem is you’re answering the question that nobody is asking. There is a thread about British Airways direct entry pilots next door - you may want to go there where there are undoubtedly numerous people who will be unbelievably impressed by your achievements. I personally am not.

Returning to the question in hand, the discussion around paying for type rating costs is undoubtedly frustrating. However, holding to a principle of not paying for a type rating is an invitation to unemployment. You have to balance the cost of the type rating against being unemployed for even six months.

If you are not a high achiever like Mr Aiminghigh above at BA, where you get your type rating paid for, not to mention £85k per annum, posh hotels and special favours in heaven when you die then you may be better to bite the bullet and just cough up. It soon pays for itself.

Regarding easyJet and trans applicants, I have no doubt we would jump at the opportunity to be diverse etc, but I have not personally met anyone yet who would fit the bill.