PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Madness
Thread: Easyjet Madness
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2023, 08:39
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Count of Monte Bisto
We did some sim assessments for DECs a couple of months back, but I think they were for our European bases and not the UK. There are a huge number of suitable command candidates right now, but a lot of opportunities too. I believe we will have around 250 command upgrades next year.

An easyJet captain’s basic salary is £117,000, which is very achievable for a cadet 5 years after joining. In addition, after 10 years in the Company you get 15% bonus every year (5% after 2 years, 10% after 5 years). You also get around £16,000 in allowances and 7% into the pension. It would take a good few years at BA to reach those numbers, but eventually BA pay overtakes that of easyJet.

It always makes me laugh when people say you will earn more at EZY/RYR quicker.

So what’s EZY FO salary from when you start all in?

Ok BA usually take experience people so doing 1-3 years at Easy then moving to BA you losing that time.

BA you can find figures on PPJN.
Then add £20k to it for extras.
My predicted financial year end is £85kish for current year 1 at BA. Plus company is paying 15% into pension, I haven’t done any overtime on that figure either. A mate of mine last year at BA SH managed close to £100k but he smashed out the overtime.
Going LHS SH after a year to 18 months is possible at present. 5 years pay scale LHS SH £120kish plus the pension which don’t forget is tax free.

EZY/RYR always state the Captain blah blah but forget the time as FO when BA pulling in £20k+ more each year easily.