PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Madness
Thread: Easyjet Madness
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2023, 23:00
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 366 Likes on 118 Posts
We did some sim assessments for DECs a couple of months back, but I think they were for our European bases and not the UK. There are a huge number of suitable command candidates right now, but a lot of opportunities too. I believe we will have around 250 command upgrades next year.

Regarding people staying for 4-5 years, I think it is a mixed picture. Obviously there is the lure of long haul for young folks who have done a few years at easyJet, but there are also a significant number of people who like short haul and are happy to stay. An easyJet captain’s basic salary is £117,000, which is very achievable for a cadet 5 years after joining. In addition, after 10 years in the Company you get 15% bonus every year (5% after 2 years, 10% after 5 years). You also get around £16,000 in allowances and 7% into the pension. It would take a good few years at BA to reach those numbers, but eventually BA pay overtakes that of easyJet. When I joined 20 years ago easyJet was seen as a passing place on the way to better things. That is no longer the case and there are a lot of people seeing this as a career airline. Horses for courses etc. I hope that helps.

Regarding the whole women thing, all I can tell you is that there are jobs here for everyone -just do not get hung up on this inevitably controversial subject. It’s been a source of endless debate both inside and outside the company - I no longer longer give it a moment’s thought. It really is not worth the hassle. There are so many arguments and counterarguments, and it never really lands anywhere that people are happy with, whatever side of the debate you sit on.