PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SYD ATC -ATSB Repcon
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 08:24
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 730 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Slippery_Pete
I agree with the report writer.

Australia has never been closer to a jet hull loss and the silence from CASA, ATSB and airlines is deafening.

ASA is chronically understaffed. Delays everywhere, TIBA, no flow control… the list is endless.

Military ATC in Darwin - CTAF procedures WTAF? They’ve almost had a prang because of that. And CASA do nothing.

Airlines and CEOs and chief pilots who used to value and promote and prioritise safety - prostituting themselves for management bonuses.

Old, tired aircraft flying around with huge lists of open defects.

And a regulator who seems oblivious to it all. More concerned about finding ways to take your medical off you, than actually looking at safety in airline operations.

I’ve never seen it so bad in 30 years. An accident is coming, and those managers and executives and CASA will be found culpable.

What do pilots and engineers and controllers do in the mean time? Stand up to the bullying. Say no. Pilots - don’t extend. Refuse a jet with 8 MELs and 40 open defects. Controllers - don’t cut corners, take your breaks, submit reports, say no when management demand yes. Engineers - refuse to MEL something. Follow the procedure to the letter, even if there’s delays. Don’t rush. Don’t cut corners. Don’t do your company any favours. Picture yourself standing in front of the coroner - can I justify this? After the company pressures you and if the **** hits the fan - will they stand behind you and support you? The answer is no, every day of the week.

ATSB Repcon, internal reporting, safety management systems - they’re all lip service and they aren’t going to stop anything. Time the professional aviation workers stood up - for our passengers, for our professional pride, for our incomes, and for our families.

They happily stood us all down during COVID. We owe them nothing. Do your job SAFELY.
Hit the nail on the head. Sadly, the ‘leadership’ at CASA, the ATSB and the airlines are shovelling the proceeds into their filthy maws and will allow the culture to flourish while they continue getting rich.