PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Jet
Thread: Air NZ Jet
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2023, 00:25
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AerocatS2A
For comparison here's the Qantas short haul equivalent of incentive pay:

This is the method I think Air NZ should be using. They've taken the annual salary, and yes it's a salary, divided it by the annual guarantee hours, and called that the hourly rate.
No doubt QF have the better contract, and I suppose it's the gold standard in that regard so something to aim for. You mentioned your previous employer, so if you left QF Mainline for Air NZ I can't blame you for feeling ripped off in that regard. Other Airlines, IP/Overtime doesn't kick in until ~75 hours, so while the rate might be higher you've got to work a lot harder to achieve it, especially when they only pay for block hours. Air NZ's IP is certainly a massive improvement over my last employer, although that was 10 years ago.
What does the QF LH Contract say? Having separate LH and SH contracts is certainly an advantage (from an outsiders POV anyway) as ours was definitely written for LH and adopted for SH, the A320 definitely gets the short end of the stick. I've had some massive Rosters on the Bus where I barely touch IP. Comparatively, I've have 90+ hr LH rosters that, due to strategic bidding, were quite manageable.

So I can certainly agree, for the A320, it needs addressing. For LH, I think it's fine.