PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 5th Jun 2023, 11:52
737pilotguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RickSanchez
After going through and still being in this process.

a. I don’t see how anyone has a reply in any of the short times indicated here when official receipts of submission take 2-3 weeks to be sent through.

b. After seeing the level of accuracy and detail that a professional application contains, I wouldn’t even consider doing it myself.

c. After taking personal time required to submit/cost of professional services, I’d rather spend that time creating value elsewhere. Or watching some paint dry.

Well done anyone who genuinely gets approval on a personal application that hasn’t just copied someone else’s, that’s a spectacular result.
A. My I-140 was approved before receiving the actual I-797C receipt notice. My case was approved within three weeks of sending the petition to USCIS.
B. I completely agree with you. I couldn't imagine creating the NIW package myself. A good lawyer is a must in my opinion.
C. If I understand you correctly, you're still waiting for either an approval or stuck in the current retrogression? Either way, good luck to you. This process is long and tiring, but I firmly want to immigrate to the US and the career prospects are generally much more positive in the US than elsewhere in the world.