PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Jet
Thread: Air NZ Jet
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2023, 08:27
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
I agree that IP is needlessly complicated and it’s cheaper than hiring more pilots however, it’s not quite the rip off as you make out.

As you said, we don’t have an hourly flight rate, because we’re salaried. So you can’t simply create one by dividing the Salary into 60hr flying rosters because the Salary also covers ground time such as Turnarounds, SIM’s, Call etc

Using $156k as the example, Salaries are based on a 40hr working work which would equate to $75/hr but of course that’s a meaningless number outside of payroll because we don’t work a standard 40hr week.

While other Airlines use flight hour rates and MGP, we don’t. So it’s not a fair analogy.
Well all I know is that my previous (Australian) employer did exactly what I'm suggesting. Salary divided by guaranteed work hours is your hourly pay and any pay on top was at that hourly rate. A callout was at a minimum of 4 hours pay, much better than our Z days. The salary was a salary just like Air NZ. I don't see any difference from our salary and the hourly rate with guaranteed hours that other airlines have, that is a salary in all but name. Our incentive pay clause even talks about "MGP".