PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do? Any thoughts or advice.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2023, 22:53
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
If you have a PPL with all CPL exams already done you’re nearly finished. You could fly every second day for a month and finish all the flying stuff. You have already done the hard work which are those pesky CPL exams. Would be many others out there who have completed the command time but are stuck dealing with those exams. Don’t forget those exams fall off the system after a certain timeframe, I think it was about 2 years.

I wouldn’t worry about MEIR or other endorsements until perhaps after the first 1000 hours. I’d get a retractable endorsement, some time on 206/210 and that is more than enough to get moving.

Don’t worry about age too much. You play your cards and timing carefully you can go from GA first job to Jetstar or Virgin in about 7 years. See what those Jet jobs require and try and adjust your employment in those prior years to ready yourself for that. Flying for an operator that only has 208s for example, for many years on end might delay things, if you can work for an operator with a vast variety of aircraft/endorsements then that will assist moving faster. I don’t think you have any issues trying to get a job at those places later this decade. Most of us these days will be working until we are 100 so many years ahead.