PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2023, 10:12
Cuillin Hills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragon Baron
I've been through all this sort of thing and with the benefit of hindsight, I can say that for me all that matters is money in my bank and time spent at home. I gave up my first opportunity for command to go and scratch the wide body itch as an FO. It was fun but I prefer being a narrow body skipper on a decent money and home every week with no jet lag. Time spent in hotels down route works for some but after a dozen times in the same place it soon wears thin. I'd take the highest pay as soon as you can get it. Make hay while the sun shines...

Totally agree!

Aside from the Command, the income as a Captain will make life considerably easier in respect of mortgage applications, disposable income etc.

I have also scratched the long-haul itch and, although I enjoyed the additional experience of wide-body aircraft ops, I much prefer getting home most nights.

Long term, I don’t think all those time zone changes are particularly healthy and conducive to a long retirement.

If I was considering a long-haul career, Virgin or Norse would not be at the top of my list of choices.