PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2023, 08:41
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rostermouse
RARA9 - not really. Things as they are are not worrying, considering the history of the company and what we've just endured. Show me any airline which you can 100% depend on nowadays.

Even BA, EK, etc have shown they wouldn't hesitate to dump you on the kerb in a heartbeat just for being on the wrong fleet/the wrong nationality if things turn downward. I figure I might as well enjoy the good times while they're here & if the worst happens, it happens. 20 years of short haul misery at BA, or getting battered 5 days a week at a LCC for your whole career, is a high price to pay for what is only an illusion of stability.

I personally like being paid to sit on beaches and doing one flight a day, and when I'm sitting on my rocking chair at 80 it'll be nice to have some decent stories and adventures from my flying career that don't all involve 25-minute turnrounds and disruptive passengers.
20 years of shorthaul misery at BA ? I don’t know anyone that had to spend that length of time on SH if they didn’t want to.