PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Want a job?
Thread: Want a job?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2023, 04:41
Mach E Avelli

Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by compressor stall
Odd example to use in your attempt to elucidate. A fully loaded 777 out of those places by law must meet the legal second segment climb gradients etc in case of EO.

A 421 has no such luxury of published charted climb gradients requirements. FAR 23, not 25.
Neither does the average C421 pilot have the luxury of regular simulator practice, or designed escape procedures, while having to live with the much higher probability of a real engine failure and inefficient anti ice systems.
I have plenty of older generation medium jet time, as well as enough single pilot IFR GA time, and I know which is the easier and safer, regardless of airport elevation or terrain.
I also found it sometimes easier to train good GA pilots up from props onto old generation jets than to downtrain certain B777 & A330 pilots who had become a bit too automation dependent.
Not wishing to swing my aging dick here, but someone attacked 421 dog for merely stating how it is in his part of the world (not in Australia, where we don’t get much tricky weather) - so I supported his perfectly valid point of view.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mach E Avelli: