PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineering Challenges Facing New VTOL Aircraft
Old 19th May 2023, 15:16
60FltMech

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts
Engineering Challenges Facing New VTOL Aircraft

I decided to start a new thread to maybe contain discussions around engineering challenges that some of the new VTOL technologies currently being developed are facing, and possibly how systems are developed, by some of the people that know how “the sausage is made”.

There’s naturally a lot of discussion around V-280, X2 technology etc what with the various US Army programs that have been awarded or will be awarded in the future, but I’d love to see discussion on other VTOL tech as well.

Even the Bell Invictus, while appearing to be a more “conventional” helicopter, will undoubtedly seek to leverage advancements in flight controls and drivetrain technology that have happened in the past decades since our current frontline rotary wing platforms entered service.

I know several members here have the education and real-world experience working through these sort of issues and can explain the physics of it to laymen like myself, I greatly appreciate reading and learning and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Anyway, here’s the thread. Whoever has questions about all this new technology, throw them up here!

FltMech
The following 3 users liked this post by 60FltMech: