PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-8
Thread: Birmingham-8
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2023, 10:48
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaga

Originally Posted by MKY661
Didn't EasyJet offer Malaga in S21? Great news for the airport anyway and hopefully it does well.
Last summer.

It did okay load wise I believe (no idea about yields) despite the inferior flight times to competitors. It then went into the APP this summer but not released and eventually was removed from the APP only a few weeks ago.

I am not sure if the aircraft was redirected to another route or the Malaga base has reduced as Edinburgh was part of the cuts but little doubt it would be yield related. It is quite simple if the flight times were 0700-10.00 or 1500-1800 outbound BHX back 13.30- 22:00 the take up would have been better and some passengers if not the majority willing to part with a few quid more for the privilege.

I recently considered BHX - Lisbon in April but just did not want to get up at 4am in Lisbon to come home, the fare was stupidly cheap and I would have paid double for a better times Lisbon departure. I am not sure what the split is on this route is but I suspect 75/25 in favour of UK based traffic but to be fair, loads on both FR and U2 have been great but of course the fares have fluctuated at times.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 18th May 2023 at 10:49. Reason: spelling