PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taxi Speeds
Thread: Taxi Speeds
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2023, 13:25
Piet Lood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
I know exactly why. It's a defense mechanism.

One of the most threatening events for humans is change. When an industry changes as dramatically as the airline industry does, it creates fear and (secondary) anger. In these situations, humans need an object ( but not themselve and nothing too abstract) to project their anger at. You can observe that very well in politics. A problem is rarely seen as the responsibility of the voter, global circumstances or general human behaviour, it's this or that guy who is responsible. As a consequence you have a whole media industry who concentrates on outrage and anger (Daily Mail, Tucker Carlson etc). The entire business model is to channel the general indignation and anger, and direct it at something (Elites, Washington, the spoiled and entitled Generation Y, Hunter Biden, Transgender, Harry, whatever). If you are left of center you blame big corporations, Boomers or Murdoch. Same principle.

Pilots need to deflect the anger by blaming an entity, like the company or a person just as well. Note the widespread need to vent the first minutes on the crew bus. In these rants, very rarely you hear someone questionning their own career choice or reflecting on global warming. Not once I have heard someone blaming the virus itself. It's always the company, a certain fleet ( not your own), A/B/C/D scale ( again, never your own), cadets ( if none actually on the bus), one specific politician or a certain manager who is the focus. At home the platform to vent is pprune.It gives us a target, a focus.A relief. It's classic scapegoating.

HAHAHAHA! That’s rich and ironic.
You state that “we the people” fail to look inward, while….wait for it….failing to look inward.

I asked you why YOU were called so many names (out of dozens of fragrant harbourers) and you blame….us…..for failing to accept responsibility.

Maybe it’s just your arrogant, know-it-all-attitude, but no, that can’t be it…..or can it?

It is my honest opinion that you are probably just as often right as you are wrong, but even if you are right, I can’t stand your holier-than-thou tone of “voice”/writing skills.
I don’t find that to this extent with any other ppruner and it reminds me of one or two colleagues I shared a cockpit with.
It’s annoying as crap!
But hey, that’s entirely my bad. If I didn’t want to spend time with you locked up in a flightdeck, I should have chosen another career field!