PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viva Energy buys SkyFuel, drops AirBP cards
Old 4th May 2023, 22:11
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
KR: It would be nice to somehow indicate that the friendly folk at the YSWH Aero Club will operate the bowser, with the courtesy of some notice from visitors.
I agree, LB, but using GCMap there isn't really an option to have either notes, or colour-coded tags for each airport. I certainly don't want to discourage visitors from going to places like Swan Hill or others that are helpful towards visiting pilots - even if they do have an AirBP bowser!

Give me a day or two and I'll re-do the map in Google Earth and use coloured icons that can be changed based on reports from the field for such things as "Can get friendly assistance if needed" or "We rocked up as a flight of 3 and the thieving bastards tried to charge us 3 callout fees".

Originally Posted by Jenna Talia
I have a card direct from AirBP and I am an individual, not a business. They simply debit my chosen bank account following fuel purchase.
They aren't prepared to do that any more, and from my recollection haven't been for many years. I've used SkyFuel for about 7 years for precisely that reason. One of the other posters over on the RecFlying forums tried to get one a few days ago and this was the reply: