PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USCG aborted rescue possible microburst
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2023, 22:39
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
In an interesting place where the Operator was not present.....their Engineer over Beer in a Sand Dune top sandbagged Bar....bragged he would set whatever power limits the Pilot desired on his Bell 212.

Upon him offering to work his magic on the one I was using I opined that as it was not on an American Registry there would be some problems in gaining a sign off of his work but thank you for offering.....and off to another part of the Bar.

That was the same Operator that had similar engineering standards in a very remote place on the same Continent where the Engineer used a set of Vise Grip pliers and a hacksaw to shorten the threaded part of some Main Rotor Push Pull Tubes Clevises on a Bell 206.

Their enticement to keep you from leaving was upon your first anniversary the Company would give you a US Navy Leather Flying Jacket.

I was many months shy of getting one of them after seeing the maintenance standard.....and bought the jacket on my own....as it seemed a better bargain.

As I sit here....I can see a Clock that came from the last 212 I flew....when it went to the scrap heap as being beyond economical repair.....with something like 41,000 Hours on it or some such silly number.

The following 2 users liked this post by SASless: