PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine War Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2023, 06:24
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,692 Likes on 778 Posts
Further to #229,

"Russia is on the brink of catastrophe."

Prigozhin issued an ultimatum to Shoigu and threatened Putin with military mutiny

Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the PMC "Wagner", wrote a letter to Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, demanding to provide ammunition.

Prigozhin gave an ultimatum that if the problem with supplies for his PMC is not solved, he will complain to Putin, and the mercenaries will leave their positions in Bakhmut and retreat.

"I appeal to Shoigu with a request to immediately issue ammunition. In case of refusal, I consider it necessary to inform the Supreme Commander-in-Chief (Putin) about the existing problem in order to make a decision and about the advisability of further presence of the "Wagner" PMC in Bakhmut in conditions of ammunition shortage. <...> The deadline for making a decision is today, April 28," Prigozhin said.

The leader of the mercenaries said that "ammunition is no longer left for weeks, but for days." "If the shortage does not stop, <...> part of the units we will be forced to withdraw from this territory, and then everything else will collapse," Prigozhin said.

According to his prediction, Ukraine's offensive will begin no later than May 15. "We need to stop deceiving the population and telling them that everything is fine with us. <...> I must honestly say: Russia is on the brink of catastrophe," Prigozhin stressed.