PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taxi Speeds
Thread: Taxi Speeds
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2023, 02:45
CXDOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by magenta magnet
Dumbfounded by the childish remarks and actions.

Years ago when a national airline was going under, salaries late, not paid, useless management (infinity times worse than CX management) theft, etc etc etc
Not 1 co-pilot or captain ever tried to screw the airline over by doing anything unprofessional. We loved flying, set an example to anyone and everyone. And what we went through was a hundred times worse than what CX and this new COS are.

Never once did we ever screw the airline over by deliberately doing acts that drag the airlines name down further, because that is pathetic.

Have some pride in what you do for heavens sake, or should everyone on this planet be an absolute tosser.

CX pilots used to be regarded as some of the most professional pilots out there, highly looked up to, but by reading these comments and what you "kids" are doing, it shows this airline is nothing more than another failed fly by night. In the long run you are all shooting yourself in the foot, cutting off your nose to spite your face. If you hate it so much, then why not leave because there are plenty of jobs going today.
So the National Airline that you worked for was in serious financial difficulty? Did you take a 50% pay cut to help them out perhaps or did you continue to expect/demand your full terms and conditions? So assuming you were still fully paid during your airline’s time of need, then of course you went to work with a cheery smile and displayed exemplary professionalism.
CX on the other hand does NOT seem to be in financial trouble. They maintained a full workforce in the head office, has not sold one of its stored airplanes and in fact is continuing to accept new aircraft at pace, re-growing as quickly as crew numbers allow. They are holding numerous PR campaigns and even feel good parties.
So the paycut that was forced on me was purely a corporate accountant’s wet dream to save on expenses.
Let’s face it, this giant corporation could care less if I dawdle around at 10kts. The cost is minuscule. But as someone pointed out, those extra minutes add up over the course of a year to the benefit of my family and me. If I have to choose saving a faceless corporation those few extra dollars instead of granting them to my family then you know which one I’ll choose. Given that each and every time that this professional turns up to work as one the the lowest paid wide body pilots in the world, the company is already thousands of dollars ahead.