PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Pilot USA vs EU
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2023, 10:22
Michimax17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
The FAA system is so much easier for cross-crediting. If I had to do it all again, instead of flying in circles I'd do 50 hours each in ASEL, ASES and Helicopter and tick off both the CPL(A) and CPL(H) boxes AND get enough float time to actually be employable...
Originally Posted by B2N2
Correct, however it’s difficult to meet all the other (training) requirements such as XC and night etc etc etc
PPL 50 hrs
IR 50 hrs
CPL SE/ME 50 hrs
Give or take 50 hrs of solo XC time building for some night and IFR time.
Realistically you can use about 50hrs glider time.

Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately I was told, when my brother started the greencard process, that even though I am minor, the processing time until getting a greencard is around 15 years. I'll definately need a plan B therefore. Should I take a visa all the time and randomly take flight hours and PPL exams a month a year in the US? Probably not. My other option would be, after I finish the 2 year EASA ATPL school from Lufthansa, to get towards America (hopefully with a greencard by then). I know I am asking a lot, but how can I imagine that? I'll do all the necessary pilot education here in Germany, fly around a bit until I am eligeble for any American airline and then move to the US? Would I need to convert to FAA Airline Licence or could I use my EASA one? I think that might be an idea too. And I know we cant fortell the future whether I'll need any degrees then (maybe there are some online schools that offer that?), but do you think it would be easy to convert all that and start a new pilot life in America?
Regards