PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taxi Speeds
Thread: Taxi Speeds
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2023, 19:52
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dilbert68
Pay sched or better, there will be no more issues. You can go ahead and monitor my taxi speeds all you want, I really do not care. Slow taxi speeds add up to a significant pay difference over the course of a year on this absolutely garbage contract. Do the right thing for once... yeah right. Rather keep the pilots miserable.
Many years I worked for a UK airline where our "Duty Pay"which was an hourly rate was paid from report time to blocks on ( I think). One day someone on the 3rd floor (yes we had one of those too) noticed that some flights actually blocked on before schedule and saw a golden opportunity to save the company a few bob and earn themselves a ~well deserved~ pat on the back as in Look how clever we are. It lasted about a week as feedback was forwarded to the DFO who immediately issued a notice stating that under no circumstances were crews to be penalised for arriving early. Sorted! That was the mark of a true manager (and yes if you arrived late that was paid to actual arrivlal time). Happy days

Last edited by Starbear; 21st Apr 2023 at 22:54.