PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Jet
Thread: Air NZ Jet
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2023, 07:21
Lorsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve always enjoyed reading your replies ElZilcho, and I understand where you’re coming from.

A couple of things, if Regional to jet this year is going to be about 75 pilots (and this is achievable) Jet training will be around the 80 mark (including externals), is it possible to train more than 80 onto the jet if required? That number seems like quite high and pretty reasonable if required over several years.

Also, I know of a handful of regional pilots who had been accepted into JQ and Jetconnect who have turned it down because they are going to wait for Jet, and there definitely aren’t the same numbers leaving regional as there were precovid so I guess RPPP is having its desired effect in the regional space, it’s also having a having a real effect on FOs moving to not so sort after bases so that they get their 1year command before being eligible for jet, this will be helping the company as there were multiple command vacancies unfilled pre RPPP. I know this is only helping regionally but it is a step forward. Also, there is definitely a more positive feel out on line, which is good for those who want to move to jet and those who want to stay.

And if you are joining externally, doesn’t there just need to be more visibility on what the 20/80 ratio means, because if there’s 1 external hired, you’re only starting behind 4 internals, plus you are on the aircraft and have bidding rights as opposed to the 4 who are seconded.

I agree with you though, and have been around long enough to know that RPPP won’t last in its current form