PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Height for 180° Auto in the Cruise
Old 18th Apr 2023, 18:31
Rotorbee

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Oh for ... sake. PPrune really has to do something about their site. Every time I want to post something, I am thrown out, because the cookie timed out. It takes time for me to write something in English hrrgttnchml (read Gaston and you now what I meant).
Anyway, Robbie, I am curious. What about the dumbing down of the Robinson POH? Please elaborate. I am there with you regarding the throttle chops. But some idiot instructors did it on unprepared students, even in climbs in an R22, which is very, very stupid. I think you can work with students to get them to the point where throttle chops are not dangerous anymore, but that is not something you do early in the training.
Regarding the low time instructors, that is the US-system. 135 work takes a minimum of 500h. 91 work is sparse. An the insurance companies are to blame, too. They don't care about low time pilots. I had the fortune to have an instructor with loads of experience, because I was one of his first students, when he opened his flight school.

Crab, I actually wanted to know, it OldBeefers prank worked and a bunch of Gazelles dropped out of the sky.

Last edited by Rotorbee; 18th Apr 2023 at 18:42.