PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Nosegear Collapse
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2023, 19:38
blind pew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
from Avherald

So the aircraft is in the hangar since the morning after the incident, the two engines are off it and both are being replaced due to the amount of debris/FOD that was ingested into them. There's a nice dent in the fuselage below the Capt side and also a nice big hole too. The inboard flaps on Engine one side have been removed too due to damage.

So the word so far is, now take this with a pinch of salt, that the flare was too early, the aircraft bounced, in reaction to it the PF pushed the nose down, the nose gear impacted the runway burst the tires, the aircraft veered left, was brought back onto the centerline and she grinded the rest of the way to a stop.

my first solo I bounced, pushed the stick forward and got into a PIO becausn I had never been taught what to do. My last flight with the owner of a pa28 lookalike but better ended up with the nose gear pushed back into the fuselage blocking the rudder..he had more than 1’000 hours on type..never taught what to do with a bounce. My hands were on my knees and I wasn’t quick enough to stop him although I did manage to stop two successive attempts at killing us.
Too many pilots are not taught what to do with demonstrations…probably because of the fear or incompetence of the instructor..from experience.