PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Pilot USA vs EU
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2023, 19:18
rudestuff

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Michimax17
Thanks for your detailed question. So after receiving the fATPL in Europe and do all the necessary stuff in America (CPL etc), I assume I have to convert my licence into the FAA one? And as long as I get 1500 hours, you do not think that no university degree will be a problem (as it is now at least)?
Read it again. I'm not saying you should get an EASA fATPL AND an FAA cert. And certainly not spending 110k Euros! I'm saying only get your FAA certificates. Spend $30k instead of €110k. You'll have loads of time to study the EASA exams later if you want to convert. Once you have 500 hours in a multi crew airplane the conversion is one flight in a Sim. That's it. Frankly someone who has the right to live and work in the US and is considering flight training in Europe needs their head examined.

As for what I or anyone else thinks: it's your decision to make. You clearly dont realise how privileged you are, you're in the top 1% opportunity wise so to me its a no-brainer. Things can and do change in aviation but right now the biggest aviation market in the world is booming. Just do it.