PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Pilot USA vs EU
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2023, 10:45
Michimax17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
No doubt, I didn't say I could do it either!
I guess the middle ground would be an Associate degree? That would give 3 years to get a 2 year degree and 1250 hours and still hit the target of R-ATP by age 21. 2 years away from a Batchelors.
Originally Posted by bafanguy
rudestuff,

Certainly no disputing what you said. It points out the reality of getting launched in an airline career these days.

Since Michael is new to this game and might be leaning toward a degree, I wanted to point out some angles he may not have considered.

If he can fly and get a degree on the side while doing it, he's a better man than I. The thought of that makes me want to go lie down on the couch.
One more question. Let's say, I did the aviation school which is 2 years long here. And I also had the greencard and was able to "pause" it. After my Frozen ATPL licence here, with a greencard, do you think, US Airlines would hire me? I know that they do not hire just foreign pilots without the legal right to live and work. But if I was a european pilot with a greencard? And would they be ok that I didn't have a university degree, since I am already a step further though? How are my chances?