PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Wigston survive the onslaught?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2023, 14:30
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Originally Posted by langleybaston
I have re-read the article having rescued it from recycling. Without being a Tory [every party other than Green and Monster Raving Loony has either received my vote, or received serious consideration] I have been a D Tel reader fror over 60 years. It could just be because my wife "does the crossword" every day ........ the cryptic, and others. She finishes them most days.

I opine that the standard of content has gone sharply down the plughole in a short time. Not only typos but mammoth length sentences with random punctuation, but also no sub-editing or proofing. The journalism has now joined the race to the bottom, and the article referred to above was just silly. The author had a valid point ruined by a fatuous approach and shrill opinion.

As long as the British public are allowed to express judgement on a free press being silly, we remain a democracy.

E & OE
LB, a good friend of mine has worked at the DT for many years and can testify to the plummeting standards of journalism there - mostly as a result of trying to save cash and having yes-men editors.
The following users liked this post: