PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviance awarded Air France contract @ MAN....
Old 15th Jan 2004, 07:15
phoenix son

With MY reputation?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we're getting our wires crossed here - I'm not disputing the fact that AF crews are extremely professional, I just feel that the way this is put across to the guys on the ground leaves something to be desired. We both agree on a lot of issues regarding standards/training etc from our discussions regarding VS at LHR - It's clear to me that you certainly know your stuff and I certainly like to think that I do - Like you, I came from a reputable national carrier at LHR only to be extremely disappointed by the way things were at what I expected to be a dynamic,professional, breath of fresh air, and we were both sadly mistaken.
I think what I found difficult with AF crews was that as a member of Handling Agent staff I was expected NOT to be knowledgeable about the majority of issues, simply because that is the standard they had come to expect - I knew I was better than that and felt frustrated at constantly having to prove myself. From this point of view this is one of the big failings of the Handling Agents (certainly Servisair at MAN), that they recruit inexperienced staff and throw them in at the deep end with an inadequate level of training (yet another example of this!) so they are unable to provide the standard of Dispatch that is expected by the likes of AF.
Hope you can see my point of view and realise that I am more or less in agreement with you,

Regards,

PHX