PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF says transgender cadets can wear uniform of either sex and advises on chest binde
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 09:00
charliegolf

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts
The B word is valid in the trans discussion. Because trans people are a minority. Like gay people, lesbians, black people and brown people. No one outside those groups (I'll wager) thinks, "Oh I really wish I could be a (insert minority), I think I'd be happier there." Why? Because of the sh1t and corruption that will always come their way, often starting with their family. I'll also wager for some in those groups, the opposite is true. But they have no choice- it's not about lifestyle.

Members of minority groups- especially the visually different- suffer bigotry every day. The best bit for LGBT minority members, is getting free membership to the, 'Must be perverts and paedos club'.

For balance, I believe children should be believed and supported when they raise issues; should be allowed to experiment with gender style, but should not have medical intervention until of age. As a schoolie, I believe any disclosure should generally be reported to and discussed with the child's parents. The exception would be if I and other professionals felt it would put them at risk. Families are as nutty as the rest of the population, after all. Rant over.

CG
The following 2 users liked this post by charliegolf: