PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Married quarters
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2023, 02:23
NutLoose

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Originally Posted by _Agrajag_
Hasn't the state of MQs always been dire? in 1976 my then wife and I moved into a two bed MQ that was heated with single fireplace with hot water from a solid fuel boiler in the kitchen, that would boil the tank if used too enthusiastically. The place was a concrete prefab with zero insulation and metal crittal windows that were warped and twisted so none shut properly. Works and bricks had "fixed" some of the broken window frames by bolting them closed. Meant there was no opening window in one of the bedrooms at all. The lino tiles on the ground floor were lifting and warped, with the black gunge supposed to be holding them down coming out around the cracks and joins. The kitchen units (if they could be called that) were falling apart such that a couple of the drawers were unusable. The back door had been patched with a sheet of nailed on plywood as a temporary repair that had clearly been done years before, as the plywood was delaminating.

Have they got worse in the intervening nearly 50 years?

When I was at Saints in 76 a young girl was injured because the contractors had used normal glass in a door instead of safety glass, the young girl had ran down stairs and went straight through the glass door come screen resulting in horrific injuries.

more on the dog incident

https://www.forces.net/animals/raf-f...-military-home