PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leading Edge LEAP+FI, & TUI UK Pilot Cadet Programmes
Old 28th Mar 2023, 12:05
D4NPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ASFOS
Don't give up and think you won't have a chance my friend. I've made it to the assessment centre hold pool and hopefully I get a date soon. I also work in Finance and do not have any flying experience yet. If I have been able to make it past this stage then there's no reason why you can't too. I do have age on my side (25) but even at 41, an airline can get a good 20-ish years or so out of yourself so I don't think they would discriminate just yet. If anything your age could work in your favour because of the life experiences you will have gone through.

Obviously, it's good you're aware how to improve for next time, wear smart clothes for the interview and try to do the best you can in the assessments although it does seem there is a heavier weighting on the digital interview aspect. Perhaps also take a few flying lessons in summer just to start showcasing some motivation.

Best Wishes
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123
Thanks D4NPC, you too. I am confident a lot of good pilots will continue to miss out on opportunities like this, on the basis of the online interviews alone. I appreciate often or not this method is more suitable for schemes with mass applications, but I do see more cons than pros when it comes to finding true potential..

Stick at it. Resilience is the key. There will be other opportunities. I got through to the Aer Lingus assessment day before covid, with 1 hour flying experience and my degree. A lot of this is luck of the draw too!

You’ll get there. Best wishes.
Thank you both for the reply, think I needed that after a crisis of confidence. I am resilient and will bounce back and try again, at least this time I will know what to expect.

ASFOS, Congrats on getting through to the pool, fingers crossed for you. You will have to let me know how the switch from FS to aviation goes.

FuturePilot_123 It is very difficult to get your personality to come across whilst talking to a mirror image of yourself on a screen with no outside interaction. How was the Aer Lingus assessment day?