PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leading Edge LEAP+FI, & TUI UK Pilot Cadet Programmes
Old 28th Mar 2023, 08:27
FuturePilot_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D4NPC
I did not get through to the assessment stage, I was a bit gutted, but not massively surprised considering the number of applicants. I read the generic feedback on the email they sent me, and I basically I was guilty of everything on there so I am definitely not surprised I did not proceed further in the application process.

I had no idea what t expect from the 3 online assessments and I am usually really good with stuff like that, so I just cracked on without preparing properly, I had not slept well, and I had been out drinking the night before, I performed averagely across the board. I then (like an idiot) thought the interview would be audio only, and was dismayed to see that it was a video interview once I had already started, I was wearing casual clothing and not really in the best / quietest area to do it. Considering all that I was going to reapply in 6 months and prepare properly. However I must admit, seeing your post is making me doubt whether that wouldn't just be a waste of time. Based on the experience and qualifications you have and you unfortunately not getting to the assessment centre stage makes me think someone like myself would have no chance. I have zero flying experience (yet) and currently work in finance, with a degree level qualification in the industry but nothing relating to aviation.

Perhaps taking myself off to flight school will be my only hope but at 41 year old I guess I am running out of time to achieve my lifetime ambition.

Massive congratulations to all who got through by the way, you all must be so excited! Good luck if you try to re-apply FuturePilot_123.

Thanks D4NPC, you too. I am confident a lot of good pilots will continue to miss out on opportunities like this, on the basis of the online interviews alone. I appreciate often or not this method is more suitable for schemes with mass applications, but I do see more cons than pros when it comes to finding true potential..

Stick at it. Resilience is the key. There will be other opportunities. I got through to the Aer Lingus assessment day before covid, with 1 hour flying experience and my degree. A lot of this is luck of the draw too!

You’ll get there. Best wishes.