PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-3
Thread: Loganair-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2023, 20:09
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domestics

Originally Posted by willy wombat
I think Flightrider makes a good point. I haven’t looked recently but the last time I looked the EZY services between BHX and EDI/GLA were all over the place, schedule wise. OK for occasional leisure travel but not so great for business. Even their schedules on LGW/EDI (which I use a lot) leave a lot to be desired. For example, this coming Wednesday the last flight EDILGW is at 1650. I do get the impression that EZY treat a lot of their domestics, particularly regional ones, as fillers but by siphoning off some of the discretionary traffic make the routes unviable for a competing regional operator.
WW, absolutely spot on, as a BHX watcher the up and coming summer schedules at times are a nightmare for business but I can't speak for Southampton, however BHX domestics business travel appears to be nowhere near pre COVID levels (and might never recover) and of course these schedules won't help and they do give the impression of gap-fillers in the aircraft schedule. However, I am sure some Southampton locals would be more than happy to accept easyjet EDI & GLA even at erratic timings or as gaps-fillers or whatever you want to call them .

Pete