PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada A321, American B737 At Sarasota Feb 16
Old 7th Mar 2023, 20:33
DIBO

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by avherald
The crew of the American B738 advised about another minute later they were going around initiating a go around from very low height (about 150 feet AGL) about 0.3nm before the (displaced) runway threshold and began to immediately turn right onto downwind.
maybe they started offsetting to the right, but within about 10 seconds after their G/A call, they were also instructed by TWR to turn right heading 270.

LiveATC TWR recording has no info on the reason for the go around (nor any remarks/questions by either party). After handover, DEPT requested the reason for the G/A, and AA2172's reply was "That guy was still on the runway"

For the rest, don't think I can add much more to BFSGrad's post, but as I already made some screenshots, I can as well include them here (altitudes given are ADS-B output, so NOT corrected with QNH):
FR24 data is missing all of ROU1633's ground track, first data record is shown here just after rotation
both in the climb out, with some 3/4mile lateral separation
further climb out track