PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2023, 07:18
Theflyingsosijman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TimmyTee
But is a "live-able" salary acceptable with $100k+ of debt, and an entire lifetime career missing birthdays, anniversaries, school and public holidays with the kids, and half those "days off" walking around like a zombie? Most my friends can plan to do whatever they want on any given weekend for their entire lives, also on very liveable salaries.

certainly not acceptable.

I feel I’ve expressed myself poorly. my original statement was more a statement on my frustration on the constant doom and gloom. It certainly should be more than “acceptable” or “live-able”. We all sacrifice a lot.

also, on reflection I feel the term “old farts” was a very poor generalization. Not all of the older age bracket are doom and gloomers, and not all doom and gloomers are of the older age bracket. Have nothing but respect and admiration for the older generation that train us and mentor us. To date, nothing but positive experiences with any training and checking… I hope to do it one day myself.

Would just like to read some positivity about the job once in a while. Like it’s still something worth doing.