PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Dubai Second Officer Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2023, 07:10
souabnim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kox0111
I understand, thank you for response tho...

My biggest problem here is because I have a validation of my licence in UAE but they still want me to do 250hr ground school ATPL and 14 exams which doesnt make sense since my licence is recognized by UAE GCAA..
If there was not that thing I would surely go for it with some bank loan or something... I suppose total cost without that conversion would be like 1k+33k+5k(2 days + 56 days stay in UAE + 2 return airplane tickets)= 39k...

The main requirement is to have good knowledge of the ATPL subjects, which is proven by doing the ATPL theory exams. In the past, a few years before Covid-19, those that had done the ATPL theory in their country were accepted as equivalent. Obviously those with a FAA license or from countries that don’t follow the “ATPL theory” system, had to do the GCAA ATPL exams anyways. But for some reason, now everyone has to do(or redo) it. It also brought more business to Flydubais partner Fujeirah Aviation Academy.

Also, because of my instructing experience, and meeting an exception the GCAA made, I can get a UAE GCAA license by only doing two written exams, the license is valid but still doesn’t meet Fly Dubais requirement.

I still think Flydubai is a good deal, and they probably have the best pay of a “low cost” airline.

You can consider WIZZ air AbuDhabi, they still require ATPL theory(EASA or UAE GCAA), and their pay is not that great. Maybe the only advantage is that the initial investment is lower compared to Fly Dubai.

also Air Arabia’s T3 academy has a program for getting the type rating and 750 hours on the A320 for about 155k AED. Also still requires ATPL theory from any country.

btw what was the process like for you to get the license validation? And from which license did you do that?

all the best!