PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Vacancies
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2023, 05:20
Zeta_Reticuli

Location: DEMOCRATIC PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA (DPRWA)
Received 228 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by BuzzBox
Which just goes to show that you have no clue about the circumstances faced by some pilots who were forced to return to Australia after losing their jobs during the pandemic. Many of those pilots were FOs with young families and the younger guys that I know were certainly NOT in a position to come home and put their feet up. I am willing to bet that if you were in their position, you would have done exactly the same and gone to Network if the only alternative was to take another job that paid even less. So get down off your pedestal and understand that we do NOT all have the same choices.
I think most people on this thread understand that. But I think the bigger issue is the sycophants who go into fly an a320 for $360... There is a difference between accepting a job for the time being and then accepting $360 to fly an A320 on a day off. You can earn $360 + a day driving forklifts at Toll on Horrie miller drive. You can get $42 an hour as a trailer tug driver at Toll. Everyone has had to take jobs that are less than ideal, but then to encourage managenent that the EA is more than desirable is wrong.