PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Vacancies
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2023, 04:59
maverick4442

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BuzzBox
It's not about me bud, but I know several pilots who were in exactly that position. What would you have them do, take jobs packing shelves, or accept positions at Network, knowing their pay and conditions would be less than those who work at Qantas? Kindly explain what you think they should have done and, more to the point, what would YOU do if you were in their position and unable to secure another airline job in a place where you wanted to live. As I said previously, we all have different circumstances and people make do with the choices they have available at the time.
Taking a job at Network is working under conditions that are a slap in the face to all A320 /B737 pilots in the country.
Especially those in the same company that fly similar aircraft or the same and get played off against network at every turn.
I would have thought those guys at Major Airlines overseas only went because of the great conditions and pay and had some self worth when returning to Australia.

Personally if it was me I would have hoped I made hay while the sun was shining when I was overseas.
You would assume going overseas and working for a MAJOR airline would be a great salary and that being a big reason for leaving.

I understand everyone’s circumstances are different but for me I couldn’t stomach working for a company like Network I did not get into this industry to fly a A320 and be treated like trash as per the EA.

As long as we have people willing to work for nothing aviation in Australia it will continue to be a race to the bottom.

Yes everyone has different circumstances and the choice you make is going to be different to others.
I totally get that.

But again don’t complain when others talk about Network Pilots as Bin Chickens because you know this before you even start…