PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 4th Mar 2023, 13:36
Flocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a master degree in Europe for example, you can join last year of an aeronautical master degree in USA what will give you a F1 student visa and once you complete your study (what maybe can be difficult, exam and all) will give you a work permit valid for 1 year as you did 1 year study in USA, so I believe this offer is just before you start your study you already have garantee to have an airline taking you once you complete the study and have the work permit.

​​​​​​IF during your study the economy goes bad or the airlines doesn't need you anymore, I m not sure what are your garantee there and I m also not sure what happened at the end of your one year work visa, probably because you have a job it can be extended but I m not an expert enough.
1 year university is also expensive (i would say 25K$) and also your work permit can only be in the field of your study, so if you do an aeronautical master, pilot is maybe ok, but if you study law you can t go for a pilot job.

Again, I m not an expert.