PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Vacancies
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2023, 12:26
maverick4442

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BuzzBox
And where was that so-called "backbone" when mainline pilots signed new agreements to fly their shiny new jets, hmmm?
Did they have a choice?
Did someone make them sign the dotted line?
Did someone make them vote "Yes"?

It's about time those who hold privileged positions in the Qantas Group stopped denigrating their "lesser" colleagues with pejorative terms such as "bin chicken" or "sc@b". Most pilots I know try to make the best of the choices that are available to them.

BTW, I do not work for Qantas or any of its subsidiaries.
So you are saying it is a privelage to work under an agreement that has pay and conditions that are above Network and Bravo Airlines?
if so we are all doomed and you have no respect for the profession.
Working under a contract that is rubbish drags every other agreement down setting a precedent that pilots are worth nothing.
I sure as hell didn’t get into this industry to go to work and give away conditions and pay because honestly who would jump through the hoops and invest all the time effort and money we did to get into an airline for rubbish conditions.

I think it was garbage that the seconds officers on the A350 contract are on a B scale again threat to give the work to Network.
I’m pretty sure though the conditions and pay would still be above network as a SO.
I also think it was garbage that the A321xlr contract got voted in 80 something percent with the threat of handing it to Network if it was not signed. Giving away conditions for what? 20 aircraft not even 1-1 replacement of the 737.

You always have a choice when voting when will pilots grow a set and stand up and say enough is enough and work under a contract that doesn’t undercut others and actually be happy to go to work under a EA.
Sadly I see way too many people just in it for themselves happy to do anything to fly a jet undercutting anyone that gets in the way.
doesn’t help that upper management play groups off against each other but when do you say this has gone too far and we have to say NO.