PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar what is going on?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2023, 09:29
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_App
For months now I have been reading about some form of ‘bad luck’ this company has been receiving. I note on last nights news, the bad luck was quoted again in some newly installed executive offering his sympathies, in what would appear was a paid news spot. Last week our business has pushed all new client bookings to Virgin. It appears the customer service part of the business has fallen off a cliff.

Now the technical side. Blunder after Blunder. Fleet breakdowns have been a daily event for as long as I can remember. The 787 fleet clearly needs its heavy check while some old rattlers in the Airbus fleet has cost our business significantly due to breakdowns. What is this about a broken windshield in Hawaii that was only just replaced? Fact or Fiction? Faulty wiring on another 787 in Singapore?

Is it all just ‘bad luck’ or does the C Suite have no idea? Who is actually running the thing?

Now you could say… ‘get what you pay for’ etc.. but it wasn’t this bad a year back or pre covid. It’s all become a disaster within the last half and getting worse.
Or it could be that since McDonnell Douglas did a reverse takeover of Boeing they are incapable of making an aeroplane without groundings, refuse in the airframe, burning batteries, faulty parts and errors from one end to the other. Perhaps it's not all Qantas and/or Jetstar's fault?