PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 26th Feb 2023, 00:54
JoseLeon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Busdriver01
Hi everyone, British A320 FO here, 2500hrs, 27yo. No green card etc and UK CAA licence - but very keen to explore options in the states. Would I have a shot at a legacy at my age/experience or would I need to be looking at a regional first, or similar? If i did move out, would the career progress be fairly fast due to retirements/expansion? And how are pilots like me received/perceived in the states? (ie, got an A320 job straight out of integrated ATPL training, didn't do the hour building/PIC route that is common in the states as it's not how it's done over here?)

Thanks!
Hello Busdriver01,

You would definitely have a shot at a legacy and a high probability of success at a low cost carrier. You will not have any issues with the pilots as these are big corporations and you will be just like any other pilot. Your main issue will be obtaining the green card. Based on your brief description, you don't seem to qualify for an EB2-NIW without further analysis of your qualifications. J.