PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2023, 17:44
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Less Hair
The leaked memo with the suggestions/ early lessons learned did mention fatigue and the need to improve duty hours. And it mentioned a need to check instructors to operate by manufacturer approved procedures and standards.
Yes but according to grizzled who posted this memo , it was leaked on Jan 30th , and we know now that the CVR/FDR were not read in Nepal and well after this date. reading it again , especially the first line of it : The existing approach procedure for domestic air operators was critically reviewed ,,etc.. and continues saying : all airplanes in Nepal oerating in STOL airfields , etc..
On second toughts it looks like this satement was probably in pipeline before the accident and the Team used the accident to leak it , to show they were on top of things, but I doubbt it was written, at least not in its totality, especially for this Yeti ATR accident .But maybe it was , we;ll see when the final is out.

@Lookleft
​​​​​​​Nope I mean park brakes and not just a first, its happened on at least 5 occasions. On an A320 the park brake is next to the flap handle.
Incredible seen the difference in shape, and operation. . I must revise my human factors list of ergonomics nightmares.stories ...
@Parkfell :
​​​​​​​They should be a third pair of eyes although that proved to be untrue on the Turkish 737-800 at AMS which stalled on final approach.
indeed and we could add Asiana 777 in SFO which also stalled with 3. But to be fair on many other incidents a 3rd or even 4th ( QF32 ) saved the day.