PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avion Express
Thread: Avion Express
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2023, 09:13
nickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Thank you for waiting, hope your meal was delicious.

It turns out, on a full stomach, the perfect fix was just two words away!

No original grammar was hurt or altered when editing the above content. But the underline with bold is mine.

Still interested what is the gross salary at Iberia Express during winter time on 0 hours. Asking for a friend, someone whom I met on an internet discussion board...

Stay safe everyone, the summer is coming.

Don't let Primera come back.
Don't ask what EW EU package is for PRG base.
I believe many people are missing the main point in this discussion: as ****ty as some Terms and Conditions can be (and they are) within “westerner” European operators, they will mostly come under direct contracts with the airline and with a contract that will take care of social security and taxation. We know this is not always the case by all means, think about the old Ryr or Wizz agency contracts, but as of today in most cases you will end with a “clean” probably underpaid contract. Being “contracted” by an agency based in a tax haven that grants your services to an airline that doesn’t recognise you as an employee opens a huge can of worms in most EU countries with respect to taxation but also to legal matters should any sort of assistance be required by the pilot for whatever reason. Certain airlines advertising on “earn more than 100K a year!” is based on the fact that the average pilot population is not well versed with rules related to income taxes in their country of residence and also with legal matters related to our profession. With this kind of contracts to keep the “big bucks” you are forced to cheat the system otherwise you might end up paying more than 50% of taxes in your westerner Europe country. Cheating the system is a very bad idea, it can go well, but if it doesn’t you will wish you had paid every single cent of taxes. I have seen colleagues in this situation doing all sort of aerobatics to keep the money eventually getting bit in their arse by the tax men. Advice: choose whatever company you think works best for you but play by the rules…